Educational Services Committee
The mission of the Educational Services Committee is to foster the professional growth of OSSTF members in order to enhance the quality of education in Ontario, by providing direction, knowledge, skills and resources.
Educational Services Committee Mandate
- 184.108.40.206up to one representative from each Workplace.
- 7.5.2 Terms of Reference - The Educational Services Committee shall:
- 220.127.116.11 identify the professional and educational issues and concerns of members and make recommendations to the District Executive Council for action,
- 18.104.22.168 promote, encourage and support education related research and effective models of professional development at District levels,
- 22.214.171.124 provide equality of access to professional growth,
- 126.96.36.199.1 Administer individual P.D. funding assistance for members of District 11 under disbursement rules established yearly by the committee. (AGM 2003)
- 188.8.131.52 Organize and promote professional activities throughout the year.(AGM 2003)
- 184.108.40.206 Promote and seek funding for our District members at Provincially sponsored P.D. events. (AGM 2003)
- 220.127.116.11 provide materials in the areas of research, professional development, curriculum and issues of educational concern,
- 18.104.22.168 recommend to the District Executive Council, candidate(s) for the position of Committee Chairperson for the following year, prior to the June District Executive Council meeting,
- 22.214.171.124 carry out any other projects assigned or approved by the District Executive Council.
Professional Development Funding Information
Members of District 11 may request funds from the Educational Services Committee to pursue professional, curricular and educational issues and to support the goals of Professional Development in the District.
Please complete the Request for Funding of Individual P.D. Activities form found under the forms & links tab (also available from Workplace Ed Services Reps or Branch Presidents or Bargaining Unit Presidents or the District Office) and forward the fully completed form together with the appropriate signatures and supporting documentation as requested on the form to the Educational Services Committee. You will receive confirmation of the Committee’s decision within 10 days after the next scheduled Educational Services Committee monthly meeting. You will be required to submit original receipts for all claimed expenses unless other arrangements are agreed to in advance.