Human Rights/Status of Women Committee
The Human Rights / Status of Women Committee advances and promotes general awareness of OSSTF policies as they relate to Human Rights and the Status of Women, specifically:
- attitudes against violence directed at women through the "White Ribbon" campaign in all branches;
- global understanding of the plight of women in Canada and the Third World, in particular through support of Colombian Refugee women;
- violence and harassment free working conditions through our observer status on TVDSB's ad-hoc committee on GLTB youth.
The Human Rights /Status of Women Committee hold Action Resource Parties to distribute and discuss new Human Rights resources for schools; the branch/BU must send a representative to the meeting to receive the resource.
Human Rights & Status of Women Committee Mandate
- 7.10.1 Composition
- 184.108.40.206 up to twenty members.
- 7.10.2 Terms of Reference - The Committee shall:
- 220.127.116.11 advance and promote OSSTF policies as they relate to Human Rights and the Status of Women,
- 18.104.22.168 generate awareness among the District members of the issues relating to Human Rights, the Status of Women and equal opportunity,
- 22.214.171.124 monitor Board promotional practices relating to the women and visible minority members of the District.
- 126.96.36.199 recommend to the District Executive Council, candidate(s) for the position of Committee Chairperson for the following year, prior to the June District Executive Council meeting,
- 188.8.131.52 monitor Board policy and practices relating to a working environment that supports human rights for all members. (AGM 2005)